Re: [TCML] Grounding Coil to Water Pipe

Jon Danniken wrote:
Brandon Hendershot wrote:
Wow, those are some interesting photos! The installer didn't even
remove the thick white paint from the pipe on my installatiuon...
Does anybody know who I could contact to find out whether or not my
pipes switch to PVC underground?

You can get an idea by looking at the pipe leaving the water meter, and at the pipe coming out of the ground into the dwelling.

the pipe coming out of the ground will almost certainly be metal, even if the below ground pipe is plastic. The plastic/metal transition is buried. The idea is that a metal pipe is more likely to withstand the mechanical trauma..

 As for whom to
contact, you can always check with your local (city/county) inspector's office to see if something is recorded, but that doesn't mean that work wasn't done off the books, and not recorded (which is often the case).

Depending on when the house was built and where it is, the city/county might have plans on file. These days, it might just be a matter of going down there, filling out a form, and a few days later, you get an email with a pdf. (the form is one that says you're only going to use the copy of the drawings for homeowner maintenance etc... the drawings technically still belong to the Architect or Engineer in most cases)