From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Rick
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 7:45 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Oregon Coilers?

Fellow Coilers,

I just  re-subscribed to the list after a hiatus of several years and am
wondering if there are some coil builders in the Portland, Oregon area who
are interested in getting together. (or anywhere in the NW for that matter)

My vocational background in neon sign fabrication interested me in high
voltage apparatus, which prompted me to join the TCBA many years ago.  I
certainly enjoyed reading the newsletters, but never got around to actually
starting a project because some elements of the design/construction remained
cryptic to me despite reading books like Pringle's guide.

Now I have begun to move forward with a small SGTC (12 inches of winding
length of 30 gauge wire wrapped on a 2.5 inch PVC form).  After around eight
hours of tedious hand winding, I am motivated to assemble a winding lathe of
some sort for future secondaries.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions...

Regards,

Rick