Re: [TCML] Oregon Coilers?

Hello Rick and Shannon:

I read with interest your posts regarding forming an informal group of interested coilers in Oregon. I live in Ashland and I too would like get something started in our area as well.

Years ago, I was also a member of TCBA and still have many of their newsletters. Many moons ago, I built an 811A VTTC and also a 24-inch SGTC. I never developed either one of them to their full potential. The plate glass/printing plate capacitor shattered with a loud bang while I was tweaking the SGTC and I never got around to replacing it. I am a ham radio pack rat and over the years I have acquired many NSTs and MOTs and even some very healthy plate transformers with the intention of building TCs again. I would like to get started by building a tabletop TC and then move back up to a larger one. I feel a group of fellow TC'ers in Oregon would be of great help to get me spurred into TC building again. I do occasionally get up Portland for I belong to the Northwest Vintage Radio Society which meets in Portland once a month and I usually attend their meetings 6-8 times a year so I could combine those trips with some TC activity especially if it is along the I-5 corridor.

Please count me in if you find there is enough interest to get a group started here in Oregon.

Best regards, Bob Deuel de K2GLO