[TCML] Running a Tesla Coil from a generator

All,

I'm planning on constructing a mid-size Tesla Coil (3-5kW). I'd like to be able to run it in the street in front of my home without having to run a long extension cable back to house wiring. I've got a gas-powered portable generator that puts out 6kW. The generator set me back a significant amount of money, so I'm very wary of running the coil from it if there's a chance of frying its control electronics due to hash coupled back from the coil.

Does anyone here have any experience running a coil of the above power level from a generator? Would something like a Terry filter or a line filter be of any use? Any comments/suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick