Re: [TCML] Setting optimal phase angle of SRSG motor

Easiest way is to just pick up the RF from the coil on a scope with
an antenna.  It doesn't matter if you see the primary or secondary
voltage, both will show the level.  The absolute measurement is
not important, you just want to make the bangs equal in amplitude.

If I remember correctly, I was able to get equal bangs on my 240 bps
coil this way.  I think just listening to the sound worked pretty well,
but I dont' remember exactly how accurate the listening test was.
If the bang sizes are somewhat different, the coil sounds like 120 bps
(100 bps).  I guess the human ear tends to hear the loudest sound.
But when the bang sizes are equal or near equal, then you hear them
both and the pitch goes up.

There are other folks on the list that have done more work than I at
200bps (240bps), maybe they'll have some suggestions.

Cheers,
John