Re: [TCML] Secondary Coil Capacitating

Wait a second Brian.  Your solution does not highlight the issue.  The
secondary is already 1 continuous conductor, and at DC has negligible
resistance, yes?  So putting a short from end to end, in the circuit world,
accomplishes nothing special.  The charge is stored in the exterior
insulation of the wire (or mainly the coating we add).  Im guessing that
when you add the shorting wire, it lays against the surface of the
secondary.  Its likely the proximity of this wire that causes the energy to
discharge (just like the original posters hand caused it to discharge).

I think the best method may be to take a grounded wire (while the secondary
is still grounded) and swipe it along the secondary to discharge it.

Ive had this happen on some larger 8 and 12 inch diameter coils with thick
epoxy coatings, the discharge can be pretty significant sometimes.

Steve