Re: [TCML] How To Turn A Vacuum Cleaner Motor Into A Synchronous Motor

Hi,

I performed 2 tests, the phase shifter and the modified motor under load conditions.

First the phase shifter - as expected it works well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRi1x2SOUFI

Of course I didn't check for optimal capacitance value, I just took my shifter which normaly runs one of my SRSG's. At the end of the video I'm shifting the phase by adjusting the input voltage, but I think with the shifter the results are better.

Then I did a test under load conditions - not
with a disk attached to the motor but I simulated a heavy load by driving
another washing machinemotor (unmodified) via a belt drive which runs in
generator-mode and powers 2 500W halogen bulbs. Here the testvideo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP7EUGSDIpE

The motor on the left is an unmodified washing (universal-) motor with 800W. I apply a DC voltage of 8V to it's stator coils for generating the stator field. When driven by the right (modified, 4 segments at each side)) motor, the generator delivers 100Volts into 2 halogenbulbs, each 230V/500W connected in parallel. As you can see they glow nearly at half brightness, so there are arround 500W electrical energy + some mechanical friction the modified motor has to deal with. When abruptly braking the modified motor by turning the statorfield of the generator on and off, you can see there is no big phase change. But in SRSG operation this is not of concern because there are no abrupt brakings.
Also watch the beld how it is deformed by the forces ;)

Believe me, these motors can drive EVERY G10 disk with heavy tungsten rods ;-)

Stefan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Futuret" <futuret@xxxxxxx>