RE: [TCML] Off grid, medium size, 12V battery powered TC

I agree with dave on this alternators are the way to go they will work fine once the diodes are removed I've used them for years for wind power turbines. I mount them to a swivel pole and put an old airplane propellor on the front of the alternator and they make tons of free power. You can do allot with alternators from powering hydrogen cells to making free wind power to firing up tesla coils. Alternators are a very good viable option and if they break just run to your local junkyard and pick up a used one cheap.

Bryan Martin