Re: [TCML] CRT wire - harvesting safely

No.
The wire is on the Yoke,that fits AROUND the CRT.
This is your horiz and vertical scan.

There about six wires,they will have to be connected and insulated.
Largers CRT's,have a lot more (and slightly larger) wire.

Safety:  DO NOT IMPLODE unless,covered by thick towel,
Yes the small,tit,punched delicately with ice pick quality,punch,
will allow a small hiss,,,,,then it is relatively,safe.That is if you
don't
allow for the leaded glass in front,and,the phosphorus dust
inside(POISON)

Wear Gloves,remove the small bands and clamp(by the pins you described)
on small end of tube,down to bare glass.Then slide the yoke coil off,cut
the four wires going to the board,it will have a screwdriver clamp also.
I've repaired close to 3,000 monitors.
Use CAUTION,work and think,SAFE,believe me please.
DO WEAR Safety Goggles.
Joe in Texas

--

  johnbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxx