Re: [TCML] 1/4 wavelength theory ??

 Dex,

On my TT-42 coil, I got racing sparks near the bottom of the secondary
which burned up some of the bottom turns up to a height of about 2".
I had to remove those burnt turns, and replace the wire in that area.
However when I repaired it, I stopped winding the wire at such a height
that the secondary winding began 1/2" higher than originally.
These racing sparks were due to over-coupling.  No primary to
secondary flash-overs occurred.

With some other coils, I had racing sparks at various other areas on
the secondary.....sometimes near the top, sometimes near the middle,
etc.

The TT-42 coil can be seen at my website:

   http://futuret.110mb.com

John