Re: [TCML] Magnifier topics

Paul Nicholson skrev:

Finn, do you have an L3 in mind?   It would be nice to fix
both toroid and L3 for this type of comparison so that the
shape of the E-field remains unchanged.
Not really. I`l just wind the one that fits the bill. Although I feel tempted to wind one that could compete with the much fabled about short one (compared to spark length) that R. Hull published. And I have the toroids to wrap it with.

Probably it will also be convenient to fix L2.  Then there is
only C2, C1, and the L1 tap for tuning to the mode of operation.

For measuring efficiency, capturing a base current waveform
into a digital scope so that it can be transferred to a PC is
very desirable.  Frequency and Q factor of all the resonances
can be measured quickly and accurately.  10k waveform points
is nice to have.
My TEK. TDS2014 only does 5k points, I`m afraid.  ;-)
Pearson monitors in 1V/A, 0.1V/A and 0.01V/A available :-)

Cheers, Finn Hammer