Re: [TCML] interesting spark gap idea

It's just a variation on a gap that's been used by many coilers. Here's my version:

http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/adam/blower_gap.jpg
http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/adam/shopvac_gap.jpg

Mine works better as a shop vac gap than a blown gap, so one Halloween, when doing an extended high power run, I melted it. I've added more copper since those photos were taken, and have used it at fairly high powers and it works fine.

Adam