Re: [TCML] Spark gap for first TC

Brandon Hendershot wrote:
I know what gap he's talking about. Look here; http://lab.helixated.com/wp-content/uploads/teslacoil-38.jpg Not exactly the best option for a first gap, but there's what he's trying to describe.

Pretty close.. imagine just using two of the bottom tubes and one of the top tubes, and use only one bolt on the top tube. The length of the bolt sets the overall gap, and twisting the tube lets you get things parallel.

I built it because the "two bolts through angle brackets" first gap got too hot too fast, and I had lots of copper pipe laying around. A tubing cutter makes nice cuts (with beveled in ends). Or you can just buy couplings.

It's a pretty easy gap to make, once you figure out how to support the top tube, and it's easy to cool, has lots of surface area for the gap, etc.