Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil detector

Update...

After a bit more testing with a known 0.001 A meter connected with the neon bulb circuit, and a larger neon bulb used to replace the previous smaller one, and testing with the TC again, the new neon bulb is seems able to partially cascade thus reflects the actual RF in the vicinity, rather than just going full cascade.  The meter shows the results during testing:

VIDEO:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAjdtcvFVcc

With this new testing, and knowing the new non bulb cross section and meter deflection during TC testing, I estimate TC power density of 3.4mW/cm^2 at 8 feet (2.43 meter). As
I also tested the same unit at 30 feet (9.1 meter) with no glow at all
seen, whereas a sensitive RF meter
I also tested at that same location did detect RF from the TC, and I would
estimate (square of distances ratio) 0.2mW/cm^2 at 30 feet.

The previous power density number of 70mW/cm^2 at 8 feet would have reflected the full cascade neon bulb, thus would be incorrect per my new estimation.