Re: [TCML] Bremsstrahlung radiation

davep@xxxxxxxx wrote:
It appears the Bremsstrahlung wikipedia page credits Tesla with the
discovery of Bremsstrahlung radiation, however the page is lacking a
citation.  I was wondering if anyone could point me to a reference,
i.e. CSN, NY labs, where he did experiments with accelerated ions in
fields?

Huh? What about Roentgen, who's generally credited with discovery of the phenomenon, without naming it or understanding the basis.

The actual term is credited to Arnold Sommerfeld in 1909, although Sommerfeld made a prediction in late 1890s that it should exist (by using Maxwell's equations)

There's quite a few citations in the handbook literature for this:
Larmor, 1897
Sommerfeld, 1899, 1900
Thomson, 1903
Sommerfeld, 1909
Bohr, 1915

See, e.g. Compedium of Quantum Physics, Ed: D. Greenberger, et al., 2009