[TCML] SRSG too slow

Dear Group,

I've established my supposedly synchronous RSG is running at 1486 rpm, which
I guess is causing the beat effect when the coil runs.
I think the motor is not quite synching.
Any ideas on how I can get it to go 14 rpm faster?

It's a benchgrinder, 6 flying contacts, about an 8 inch disk, not sure of
power.  No power run caps, no phase control.

Annoying, I'm also stumped at how to get inside the thing, even when the
screws securing the end dome are removed, it merely revolves but doesn't
pull off.

Thanks,
Simon