[TCML] Bombarder transformer grounding

I have a Voltarc/Hyde (Willick Engineering) 30KV 250ma 7.5KVA bombarder transformer that I am planning on using for a teslacoil.
It comes with a big slide choke.

From talking with an engineer at the company, it sounds like neither the
primary or the secondary are grounded to the core at all. The thing looks like 2 big coils wound over the primary. The core is just a big rectangle with the primary and secondary on the same side. I am guessing that the secondary winding starts from the outside of one coil, goes down to the middle, near the primary, hops over to the inner side of the other coil, and then would back out.

I am wondering how I would hook up the grounds on a Terry filter and other parts of the system. It is not the same as a neon transformer where the windings are connected to ground on one end. Right? Do I use just one leg of a Terry filter?
Which ground would I hook the core of this thing to?

I would like a clear picture of how the whole thing should be hooked up and how the grounds should be hooked up to things here.

I know it is not in oil like a pig. But with a big terry filter should it hold up better than a neon transformer? Then again, it is not potted. It sure looks beefey. Overall it is 19 x 15 x 10 and weighs an awefull lot. Not counting the terminals. What is the concensus here, should I use this for a coil? I thought I remember someone here on the list using one of these on a coil once.

Kevin

It looks kinda like this:

_________