From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of nancylavoie@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 17 January 2010 16:55
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] keeping primary copper tubing nice and shiny

Aside from asthetics,this really seems to be more of a drawback in cost than
anything.Silver,as stated,will tarnish and look worse perhaps than untreated
copper.Nickel I would think would have the tendency to flake off as you are
trying to secure it to your primary coil frame (or former) as it isn't as
soft as copper.Gold would overcome these issues but come on...Clearcoating
seems to be the obvious choice at the expense of the ability to make tuning
adjustments later.This reminds me of a saying I used to hear from one of
hotrodding friends in regards to aftermarket parts: "Chrome dosent get you
home!" Wyatt