From: Lau, Gary <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Jan 17, 2010 11:33 am
Subject: RE: [TCML] Phase Controller

Trial and error is what we all use.  Way easier than pioneering a mathematical
odel and solution.  Don't we all have a junk box full of motor caps? ;-)
Since the caps are used (energized) continuously, they need to be motor RUN
aps, as opposed to motor START caps, which are only suitable for momentary
peration.
I suggest asking others using the same size and type of motor as you are, what
hey use.  FWIW, with my small 3600RPM Teletype motor, I use a 40uF cap.
Regards, Gary Lau
A, USA