Re: [TCML] Is my 10" Tesla Coil Illegal ?

Hi Jim, all,

I have a very gripy prick of a neighbor that resides diagonally behind
me that has complained about my dogs barking (and the only time they
bark is when I let them out to "do their business", since they are "in-
side" dogs). However, strangely enough, he has never complained
about my running my Green Monster coil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3pfStBx2qY&feature=related
but I figure this probably has to do with the fact that I run it in the
driveway in front of my house and my house is 1 1/2 stories tall and
completely obstructs the view that Mr. Scrooge would have to be
able to observe the source of "all that racket". ;^) Also, I try to be
a responsible neighbor about when I fire and how long I fire it, too
and so far (fingers crossed) I have not had any complaints from any
of the other neighbors who can see the source of the noise. Inci-
dently, with my coil out in the driveway some 30 ft or so from my
house, I get absolutely zero interference to my home's electronics,
with the exception of the flourescent lights in my garage. They do
blink crazily while running the coil and I do know that they have
the newer style electronic ballast and starter instead of the old-style
transformer ballast.

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Mora" <wavetuner@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:15 PM