Re: [TCML] Prepare a Hot Dog

David%20Rieben wrote:

Hi Jim, Adam,

Jim, I'm sure you are correct about the energy vs. mass/specific heat issue of completely "vaporizing" an average sized tomato, as you have already eloquently "ran the numbers" for us. However, I would also propose that although the inards of the tomato would not be totally vaporized, I do believe that the sheer percussive kinetic force of a 10 kJ discharge that was properly directed into the central mass of the tomato would indeed "blow it apart" even if the resultant temperature of the remaining tomato pieces was not signifi- cantly above ambient.

yep.. "exploding tomato" is certainly what I'd expect, as opposed to "vaporized tomato". Tomato turned into unrecognizable reddish mist even.