Da: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] Per conto
di tesla popp
Inviato: lunedì 25 gennaio 2010 3.33
A: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Oggetto: [TCML] Tiny VTTC

I would very much like to construct a Tesla coil with a tube I already
have.  The tube is a 6DQ6-B.  It is a 770 volt, 18 watt beam pentode
tube.

The datasheet is here:
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/117732/GEC/6DQ6B.html

I looked for about an hour online trying to find a coil with simple
schematics for a tube like this, but to no avail.

Using the "WinTesla" program, I designed a coil which I could feasibly
make based on the materials i have on hand

Secondary 1" wide x 4.5" tall.  36 AWG wire.
1/4 wave Frequency: 1.45MHz
Toroid will be a 1/4" x 1.5" steel washer.

Primary coil 1.7" wide, helically would coil.
15 turns of 20 AWG wire.

Capacitor .0120 uf

Things i am not experienced enough to figure out alone are as follows:
What sort of biasing resistors should i use.  Is there a similar
schematic of a coil using a tube this small?  how many feedback windings
do i need?  What distance from the primary coil i should begin winding
the feedback coil?  what other questions should i really be asking?

I have NEVER used a tube before with success.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks for your input.  I'll post lots of pics in return for your help
if i get it working.

,Jeremiah Popp