Re: [TCML] spark gap substitute...?

Paul Brodie wrote:
Evidently you missed my recent questions about this and the limited

I have been working on this very thing. I have (3) 1200 volt SCR's
rated at 90 amps that I am attempting to use in series to trigger a
low voltage coil. Well, low voltage for a TC, anyway. Steve Ward
recommended a way to simultaneously trigger all three SCR's and I am
working on this. I haven't made much progress, yet, because I sold my
O-scope and bought a new one to replace it that I only got in very
recently.
I'll be glad to share what I am doing, if you would like to write to
me off list. If it is okay, I guess I could share what I am doing on
the list. It is on topic.

How are you turning off the SCRs while they are conducting? They normally don't turn off until the current going through them drops to zero, unlike a transistor which can be turned on and off independently of the load they are switching.

Jon