[TCML] SRSG Motor Problem

So we've run into a disastrous situation with our new SRSG. The motor is failing on us which isnt too bad since it was a hysteresis motor and only 600 rpm which scared us from the beginning. So heres the question for you guys. What defines a "sync" motor. Is it a induction motor that is designed to rotate at an rpm rating in multiples of the supply frequency... A 600, 1200, or 1800 rpm motor etc? Is it a motor that full fills the previous requirement but also doesn't fluctuate much in RPM, aka has a high RPM tolerance, maybe only changing by plus/minus half an RPM? Or do sync motors have some other property unknown to me... possibly having a way to "lock" phase. How it would do this i have no idea?

I know people make sync motors out of induction motors by grinding flats in the rotor. By doing so are they trying to achieve a supply hertz rpm multiple? Can I go buy a 1200, or 1800 induction motor and use that, or are all 1200, 1800, etc motors considered "sync because of their rpm rating (supply hertz multiple)?

Visit http://www.teslamad.com/ to see the sync gap im talking about. If anyone has a sync motor thats about the same size (115v 60Hz single phase, about 4" in dia, .5" axle dia) that you'd be willing to sell, donate, or maybe trade, please let me know. See the 4 SALE link at the bottom for things I can trade off or would be willing to sell too. Thanks everyone.

Regards, Andrew Robinson