[TCML] SRSG Motor Problem Continued

John,

You hit it right on the nose! Basically everything you said confirmed everything, thank you. We were terrified of the dwell time of this motor (not much we can do there) and we had planned on building the phase controller to combat the phase issues. Unfortunately as you pointed out we were expecting to have to readjust the phase before each run which I know sounds kind of crazy but it was either that or start back at square one which equals alot of lost time and money which we are short on both. The one question which i believe we are circling but not hitting directly is this... can you just confirm this.

-->
The only reason we call a motor "synchronous" is because it has a rpm rating that is a multiple of the line frequency being used.

600, 1200, 1800, 3600 = Syncronous

1725, 3450, or any other rpm not divisible by the line freq = standard everyday motor, aka induction motor
-->