[TCML] Outstanding Power Electronics MS Thesis

I found this thesis while googling for a part for work last week. This one
of the best PE papers I've seen in a while. Building a 3kV, 1.5MVA
regenerative controller for railroad traction with tie to local grid
sounds like an opportunity for a large explosion, but this individual
was brilliantly successful in my mind. Lots of good construction hints
for high voltage, safety interlocking, fiberoptic drivers, etc. And yes
it was proven capable of up to 1.1MVA utility regen, power was
restricted by current limiting setpoints which have been subsequently
corrected.

Consider this paper the equivalent of "North's High Power Microwave
Transmitters" for Power Electronics. If I was in the power electronics
business, I'd be considering his resume! ;^D

https://etd.sun.ac.za/bitstream/10019/190/1/FuchsH.pdf

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA