[TCML] Been working on my web site.

Been hitting the books on jQuery and CSS and decided to practice by dressing up my web site, including some links to some interesting tesla stuff.

Site is http://home.pacbell.net/garryfre/

One thing I stumbled onto was the graphic I used as a background. I had taken several pictures of the one and only San Francisco Teslathon at the old ship yards.

For some reason, all the pictures I took where horrible. Blurry, all messed up from my own ineptitude and difficulties keeping the camera still in the dark even on a tripod. Some pictures were messed up from interference causing strange effects.

I couldn't part with them though as it was my only teslathon.

I noted one picture that I thought might make an interesting background on the site and I tried it out and the yellow seemed to distract from the theme. I noticed that the most pleasing web sites had a sort of color coordination where the colors used were similar instead of having two or more radically different colors vying for attention at the same time.

I used photoshop on it and applied a water effects filter to the graphic and wow it sure turned out nice looking, and subdued the yellow quite nicely.

So, maybe those with photoshop or gimp or other graphics programs might get the idea to see what they can do with their tesla pictures. I know I'm going to be running my pics through some effects to see what other art I can create.