Re: AW: [TCML] Coil pic w/ SRSG

The tungsten carbide used as electrodes seems pretty impervious to the spark gap heat. So far there is zero pitting or erosion, though the longer ones are discoloring slightly.

I am noticing some "sputtering" for lack of a better word on the srsg at higher voltages (higher than half max). The safety gap is not firing. I can only conclude this has something to do with either connection to the copper ring on the back side of the rotating disk or the idea that localized ionization of the air because the disk is so small is creating sneak paths. I have not noticed this ring of fire phenomenon some have suggested. The sparks in the gap do seem to be localized to the stationary electrodes.

Sent from Joe's mobile phone.