Re: [TCML] SRSG "sputter"

One more thought on the location of the arcing.  Your copper ring is on the
back-side of the garolite disk.  It looks like it would be difficult to see
a breakdown between the copper ring and the motor shaft, but as your
garolite disk turned out smaller than planned, it sounds like the clearance
between the ring and motor shaft/arbor could be less than adequate.  Arcs
tend to travel over much greater surface-distances (surface tracking) than
in free air.  Having a primary bang discharge through the motor is REALLY
bad for the motor!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA