Re: [TCML] IGBT paralleling

DC, I would be interested to see a datasheet for these 2400V 2400A modules.
As far as i know Powerex doesn't even make igbt's that are rated for 2400v
The Highest rated 2400A module they make is for 1700v
http://www.pwrx.com/pwrx/docs/cm2400hc_34n.pdf  Their next step in voltage
is the 2500V  and the highest rating they come in is 1200A
http://www.pwrx.com/pwrx/docs/cm1200hc-50h.pdf

Even these modules that they actually make are pretty darn unsuitable for
DRSSTC use or even SISG due to their extremely slow switching times.  For
the CM2400HC-34N the td(OFF) is 1.2uS.  The CM1200HC-50H is even worse with
a td(OFF) of 2.5uS!  Point being is big igbt's are going to be very slow and
pretty useless for tesla coils unless you have a very very low resonant
frequency.  I would suspect this "igbt" that DC has to have very similar
switching speeds.