Re: [TCML] Variac ID

Measure the core size - determines the KVa rating. You should be able to
look up the specs on the 'web - Powerstats are still being manufactured.
You could even look it up based on the mounting hole dimensions.

The number of windings will also give it away - 120v will have less turns
with heavier wire. What is the diameter of the core (outside diameter)?
7-8" indicates about 2KVa, 14" or so indicates 5Kva. From what I remember,
1 turn per volt is about right.

14g wire indicates about 15 amps or so.

- b