[TCML] 1st Run

1st Run, not so good.  Was really looking forward to seeing my work come to
fruition but it was so short lived I didn’t even have a chance at the camera.
On the first run I saw more than a dozen 15-18" streamers all around the top
toroid, that was taping around the 9th turn. I didn’t realize how hot the
primary would get.  I could not touch the clamp on the primary for several
minutes.  Everything looked great at this point.  I tuned a half turn in and
started another run at about 60% power but didn’t see any streamers at all.  In
fact I started smelling something burning. At that point I turned everything off
and found the source of the smell on the far side of the coil from me.  The
secondary had a catastrophic failure internally.  Photos here ->
http://www.cmnow.com/TeslaMan/1stRun/

I guess I’m going to be winding another secondary but this time with a different
design; I truly believe the design caused my failure and not some contaminate
within the PVC tube.  So maybe the correct design for a secondary coil is to not
have any “ANY” external connections to the windings internally to the coil form.

Best thing I can say about last night; Mr. Butters didn’t make a show….

Next is always better.
Miles M