[TCML] Canon cameras and RF electric fields

I am very fortunate to have occasional access to the facilities and time
of the Nevada Lighting Lab and its principal engineer, Greg Leyh.

Having a background interest in various high voltage and related
phenomena, I have a corresponding need for instrumentation that can
survive said phenomena.

Having built up experience with previous, lower-powered experiments, I
built a small shielded container (ordinary plastic and kitchen foil) for
my Canon T1 Digital Rebel DSLR. The camera looks out one end of the
container, through a metal ring connected to the foil covering the rest of
the container.

The container was then placed on top of a wooden ladder, and focused upon
the breakout of the NLL "large" coil, and set to record at 1080p at 20fps.

Mr. Leyh then operated the coil which exhibited an insuperable affinity
for the camera container, inducing not only current in various nearby
objects but some anxiety in myself.

The camera survived perfectly intact, and seems to have no functional
defects. I was able to retrieve numerous stills of the arc from breakout
practically to the camera lens itself (the metal ring, as described
above).

The stills, and video of what the camera saw are here:

http://casuallethality.com/?p=898

--
Josh Bailey (josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)