if you use homemade caps insulate them.
If you want a more detailed document I can send you one and give recommendations for a 6/60 NST, just shoot me an e-mail

Scott Bogard

On 7/24/2010 3:59 PM, Julius Crummer wrote:
Oh ok cool...so do i really need to have a Terry Filter for this size coil?

________________________________
From: jimlux<jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, July 24, 2010 4:28:35 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Begining Tesla Coil Project

Julius Crummer wrote:
Ok im beginning to build my Tesla Coil for a project. So far i only have a 6KV
60A  NST..

is that 60 mA?

Is it a "solid state" NST? (which won't work)  or a conventional transformer
style (which will)

.will this be suitable to build a simple Tesla coil?

Yes

Also im working
on a budget and 7 wk deadline...is there like a simplified parts list or
substitutions i can make that will cut down the cost for other parts for this
project?

Transformer, capacitor, sparkgap, primary winding, secondary, topload..

Use a beer bottle/bucket capacitor (cheap, but heavy)
Use bare AWG12 or AWG14 wire as your primary, at least the first time.
Metal dryer vent hose and a metal pie plate make a fine topload.