Re: [TCML] Dummy load for optimum cap size Experimentation

Trying to operate a halogen lamp underwater says "thermal stress - crack" to
me!

The exact power dissipated, while nice to know, isn't important in this
experiment.  All I'm looking for is a relative but definitive maximum, so we
know which cap value extracts the most power from an NST.  A photocell does
that nicely (subject to concerns of chaotic variations), and should I care
later about actual power, it would be an easy exercise to run straight AC
through the lamps and plot the input power vs. photocell resistance.  Yeah,
I'll do that too so I can talk about actual watts.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA