RE: [TCML] SSTC half bridge

Herwig,

The issue with non-exact 50/50 duty is that you can develop flux imbalance in the core, and if the core doesn't reset fast enough, you can end up with whats called flux walking where the flux densitiy on the core starts trending towards either positive or negative quadrant of the BH curve where it will saturate.

Dan

Steve:

>  I cannot think of any severe/negative consequences of non-exact 50/50
> duty cycle
- Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

Up to now my half bridge consists of two IRFP 460s with Schottkys and external freewheeling diodes.

I have tested two drivers:

a.  GDT driven by TC4421. Problem was the ringing.
b.  IR2113. Problem was VS undershoot. After many killed semiconductors I eventually solved this problem.

Now I am planning on testing a more robust driver with IXDD414s, the high side driver using an isolated power supply and a fast opto coupler for signal transfer.

What kind of driver do you favorite ?

Regards,

Herwig