[TCML] MOT wire question

I've got a couple of MOTs and there is this 'middle' fabric coverered wire tucked in for a turn or two just under the secondary.  Its what hooked into the MOC and magnetron.

I see that the output for the secondary is there but just unused.

What's the deal with this third wire?  Can I, or should I, take that out if using the MOTs for a tesla coil?

Or how would it help me if i left it in there and hooked up to it?

Brian Hall