Re: [TCML] Brent Turner Playing "Thor" on History Channel THE REAL STORY

Dex -

Yep. That's what I was saying / inferring. And your experience was with
only 0.2J... Multiply that times 100 for us...!

It sure can bite, WILL BITE, and DOES BITE. I've been THROWN off that
table several times. (Jeff Parisse witnessed one of them personally.) And
I know what the hell I'm doing.

Maybe current spike isn't the best term, current surging is more accurate
since even without a ground strike, there still IS current in the arc,
regardless where the sparks go.

Like has been said on this list by Jeff, myself and others, DON'T TRY THIS
YOURSELF. You REALLY gotta understand corona fields, corona control,
corona leakage, etc. Gotta KNOW where the e-field is and where the arc IS
or COULD BE / WILL BE going at all times. Otherwise it really hurts, or
even worse...

- brent