From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, March 6, 2010 6:05:13 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Pole Pig Question -size obsession

Miles, what is with the size obsession? My smallest TC's have now been on TV programs 4 or 5 times. One of these runs on the remaining half of a burnt out NST.
My other coils have also had a wide TV/magazine/newspaper/book and internet coverage.
I long ago stopped worrying about spark length (preferring the Rolls Royce engine power terminology - "adequate") and am focussed on what happens after.
There is a huge amount to do artistically yet that I have hardly touched on.
I have never used or had interest in a pole pig. No-one cares less whether I have a 6 or 12 foot spark and my longest spark of 11 feet is 27 photos down on my index page. My best effects have a spark range from 2 inches to about 5 or 6 feet.

Peter www.tesladownunder.com