Re: [TCML] Any one using a 7200 V pole pig?

The pole xmfr will work fine, but you do need to provide a few kW of ballast
resistors, or preferably a series inductor to control current.

Forget the beer bottle caps --- they suck up over 20% of your power in
dielectric losses.  Glass is fine for DC work, but with high freq AC you
need MMC style caps or heavy duty pulse capacitors.  Glass is ok for very
low power coils (first project type), but fails at higher powers like 2-5
kVA.

Usually, if power level is above 4-5 kW you need to run a rotary spark gap.
Below that a hyperbaric will work fine.  If you email me off-list I will
email you the plans for it.  Very simple --- uses an old vacuum cleaner
motor and a 2 1/2 plastic PVC "tee" (Hone Depot) with a cover.

Dr. Resonance