RE: [TCML] sucker gap material

One comment

Stainless Steel is perfectly safe to heat.  I am also into blacksmithing and
knife making and this is the material of choice for the flares on the ends
of burners and routinely reach 1,800 - 2K degrees F.

Galvanized pipe is a different animal. Zinc fumes are very toxic and in a
closed area, can be fatal.

http://www.anvilfire.com/iForge/tutor/safety3/index.htm

Dave

- - - stuff deleted - - -