RE: [TCML] 50Hz = 'short end of the stick?'

Thank you for your response; my apologies for a belated reply.

At a lower frequency, the tank capacitor must be larger (at the same input voltage and current) due to a longer charging cycle, which forces more power to be pushed through the capacitor per period. The capacitor is, at this point, required to be larger to make the bang-rate synchronous with the line-cycle (resonant).