Re: Re: Re: [TCML] SSTC full bridge control system question

Great, the program helped my figure out what I was doing wrong (I had
written a short mathematica script to do about the same thing).  The
Drsstcd program outputs gave me great looking results; output peaked
just over 1MV with the first current peak being just over 1KA.
Strangely, the values used weren't incredibly far off (dropped K by
about 15%, dropped La by about 50%), so apparently the system is more
sensitive than I had thought.  There must be some sort of bifurcation
in the system's behavior that allows it to only notch with zero
crossing under specific circumstances.  Hopefully our rig will give us
enough tuning capability to hit the mark.

Also, another thing I noticed during the simulation was that though I
deactivated the driving source at the first current notch, the second
current peak was greater than the first.  Must be due to energy in the
secondary coupling back to the primary.  Do you think it's safe to
assume that additional peak currents aren't a large concern, since at
that point the IGBTs will be conducting through their clamping diodes
and not their collector-emitter junctions?

Thanks for you help so far,
-Mike