Re: [TCML] Capacitor Information - Military Surplus CDE Caps

the CDE yellow colored caps I'm familiar with are all Mylar

From: "Thomas Schmit" <Thomas.Schmit@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2010 8:32 PM
To: <Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] Capacitor Information - Military Surplus CDE Caps

I've got about 28 of these Cornell Dubilier capacitors but I couldn't find any information about them on the internet. There is a very high probability that these were a custom job for our lab, but I couldn't find any records of them. If they weren't ordered by us, then they were probably mil-spec surplus.

But I thought I'd see if anyone else has run across these:

1960941-1S02B
TMF 101
0.5 MFD 2600VDC
CDE 6308

Visually, they look like the CDE caps most folks use for their Tesla coils - the 942 series. Yellow jacket, maybe 1.125" in diameter and roughly 2.5" or 3" long. They appear to be film/foil caps, no polarity marked but that's about all I know.