Re: [TCML] homebrew VFD?

Keep in mind that to get a constant torque out of the motor, you want
constant current, not constant voltage.  This means at low RPM, if applying
a constant voltage, the back EMF is low and this allows a lot of current
through the windings of the motor, which would likely be extremely stressful
and damage it.  For this reason, real VFDs have a current control loop at
the heart of operation (the output voltage will be lower at low RPM).

Your kludge sounds like it offers no current regulation, and that alone
would be bad.  If stressing the motor was OK, stressing the MOT for the same
reason is probably not so good, im thinking it will saturate at anything
slightly less than 60hz at its designed volts/turn.

Some things are just not easily thrown together from junk, unless your junk
happens to be old VFDs.

Steve