Re: [TCML] Dual-triode VTTC (811A/812A)?

The only thing id worry about (and this is an un-educated worry), is that
because of the gain mismatch, you may end up needing to use different grid
feedback windings (or a tapped winding).  At least in the power-conversion
world, a push pull drive must be *really* well matched, or you risk
saturating the transformer you are driving because of the slight "DC" bias
that having non-symmetry will provide.  Obviously a VTTC is air core, and
cant saturate, but you might still end up with something out of balance,
though im not sure to be honest.  If i had to guess, it would end up
stressing one tube more than the other.

BTW, my 811A coil (and any of my VTTCs) were never push-pull, always just
single ended oscillators.  Push pull is a good way to go if you dont mind
the extra complexities, its sort of like doubling your primary drive
voltage.

Steve