Re: [TCML] Corona Supression

Christopher Karr wrote:
Just a note,

If using any adhesive/coating compound, it's wise to clean the part to be coated with a solvent (such as isopropyl alcohol) prior to coating, to ensure a nice, accepting surface for whatever the coating is. Otherwise, you're likely to have your natural oils, dirt and grime from your hands all over the workpiece.
Once again, best of luck,

 - Christopher Karr

I learned last week that many commercial isopropyl alcohols leave a residue, so your best choice is absolute ethanol (undenatured). That's what we use on spaceflight hardware.

Failing that, a decent grade of vodka (grain neutral spirits) would work (none of that flavored stuff).