From: McCauley, Daniel H [mailto:daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:10 AM
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [TCML] Corona Supression

I agree.  If you're only running 15kV, there won't be much corona - not
enough to worry about anyhows unless you have components sitting real
close to each other.

Dan
http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com
Loudest Class-E Tesla Coil Kit available!

> Hi Brandon,
> Is this silicon tape anything like Teflon tape? Sounds like they've
> got similar characteristics... I'll give it a shot, thanks! Oh! This
> question is directed at the entire list; Is there any way to vividly
> see corona leaks in your system? I've seen what they call a
> "corona-cam" on Mythbusters, but that seems a bit far off. Just an
> example of what I'm trying to get at here.
> Thanks,
> Brandon AZ

Run your coil in the dark. You'll see the corona.
Actually, I think you're worrying too much about corona.  At 15 kV sorts
of levels, there isn't much, unless you've got needle points or
something like that.