Re: [TCML] Corona Supression

Usually a small plate of 1/8" acrylic will prevent this type of damage.
Just let the plate stick out all asround above the caps by 1/2 - 3/4".

If you assemble with any fasteners make sure they are nylon not steel.

I finish up both ends of all my coils, small and large, with 1" wide Teflon
tape.  About $50 per roll online EBay.  2-3 layers, continuous, on each end
really helps prevent corona and flashovers.
Cover the coil itself with 3-4 coatings of Dolph's AC-43 and allow to dry 24
hrs. between each coat.

Dr. Resonance