RE: [TCML] OT high voltage DC power supply PLEASE HELP

Hello Andrew,

Would using a flyback transformer from a computer monitor not work? The driver circuit can be extremely simplistic, involving as little as wire, resistors, a transformer and a single transistor.. Alternatively (and much more reliably), one can use the most common IC in the world (the '555' chip), build a tiny oscillator and drive a transistor with it. It isn't difficult to do, and the results are more-than-sufficient for lifters. The DC output can even have as few milliamps as five, quite easily. The Watts(in)=~Watts(out) rule still applies. ;)

Best of luck,

 - Christopher Karr

P.S. If the PSU is sorely needed and there is insufficient time to build it, I could build one and send it for free, or the price of shipping, should you desire.